Trustees or other professionals who are required to prepare annual trust accounts together with annual Trust & Estate Tax Returns can benefit from this service.
Our team can take away the annual headache of the above obligations by:
- Preparing annual Trust Accounts
- Preparing annual Trust Tax Returns
- Preparing income tax and capital gains tax computations
- Advising on tax payments and due dates for payment
- Advising on distributions to beneficiaries and preparing the relevant R185 tax certificates
- Preparing estate accounts for the period of administration
- Preparing annual Tax Returns for estates during the administration period
Minimise inheritance tax with Trusts
Trusts can be used in estate planning to minimise exposure to Inheritance Tax. They can also be useful for:
- Providing funds for your children’s education, maintenance, etc.
- Restricting access to property by future beneficiaries
- Providing for people who are mentally or otherwise incapacitated
- Gifting to charity
There are four main types of Estates trust:
- Life interest trusts
- Discretionary trusts
- Accumulation and maintenance trusts
- Bare trusts
Each type of trust receives different tax treatment and can be adapted to many different purposes.
Trusts and Estates planning specialists
To take full advantage of trusts in your tax and estate planning you need to receive expert help and advice.
SB&P can help you determine which types of trust are suited to your purposes, prepare the necessary documentation, and advise on appropriate trustees.
Call our Tax Partner Murray McLean or one of the Tax Team on 0151 922 4272 to discuss how we can help you with any Trust or Estate-related matter.