Self Assessment can be a time consuming and often confusing business for busy individuals.
Judging by the hundreds of thousands of taxpayers who are penalised by HM Revenue & Customs each year it can also be very costly if:
- Filing deadlines or tax payment dates are missed
- Incorrect returns are delivered
- Appropriate records are not retained or presented
Individual Self Assessment service
SB&P can spare you all these headaches and free up your valuable time by offering a comprehensive Individual Self Assessment service, including:
- Liaising with your bank, building society, stockbrokers etc to gather the relevant data for your annual returns
- Calculating your tax liability
- Completing and filing your tax return on your behalf
- Advising you when various payments are due and how much to pay
- Advising on appropriate record retention
- Introducing you to any relevant tax saving ideas
- Representing you in the event of you being selected for investigation by HM Revenue & Customs
HMRC inspection insurance
We offer all clients insurance cover to meet our fees in handling HM Revenue & Customs investigations. Our charges for handling an investigation can be substantially more than the annual costs of dealing with your tax affairs. Most clients view the insurance cover as an essential part of our service to them should an Inspector call!
Call our Tax Partner Murray McLean or one of the Tax Team on 0151 922 4272 to discuss how we can spare you the headache of Self Assessment.