We offer a specialist personal tax planning service tailored to your individual needs for advice on minimising tax liability for all personal taxes, including:
- Income tax
- Completion and filing of relevant returns
- Capital gains tax (CGT)
- Advice on what payments are due and when
- Inheritance tax (IHT)
- Advice on trusts and estates
- Non-domiciliary taxes
- Maximising claims for allowances and reliefs
Our Tax Partner or one of his team can offer you personal tax planning advice depending on the nature and level of the query.
Our Tax Team will help you optimise your tax position and ensure you meet all the compliance deadlines and requirements.
Clients who benefit from this service attest to the value of an independent advisor who can look at their situation within the larger picture. Our Tax Team for example can also advise on issues such as:
- How best to handle benefits such as company cars and accommodation
- Extraction of company funds by director/shareholders – optimum salary and dividends taken or other forms of ‘remuneration’
- How to minimise CGT liability on disposal of assets
- How to optimise your UK tax position when living or working abroad
Personal tax advisory services
With the complex nature of tax and finances today, we also encourage our clients to develop a comprehensive personal finance plan that, in addition to general tax planning, covers:
- Provision for education costs
- Insurance planning
- Mortgage planning
- Healthcare provision
- Tax efficient loans
- Retirement planning
- Savings & investments
- Estate planning
Decisions made in any of these areas are likely to affect one or more of the others, which is why we recommend working within an overall plan. SB&P can of course help you draw up a comprehensive personal financial plan.
Call our Tax Partner Murray McLean or one of the Tax Team on 0151 922 4272 to discuss how we can help you manage your personal finances more effectively.